The International Seminar on May 31, 2011
"Combating Corruption: Legislative Innovations in Russian and Foreign Law"
The Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, the Institute of Contemporary Development (INSOR) and the Center for Legal and Economic Studies are co-organizing the International Seminar: "Combating Corruption: Legislative Innovations in Russian and Foreign Law” to discuss the recent developments in Russian and foreign legislations on fighting corruption and confiscation of assets of non-residents in foreign jurisdictions. The event took place on May 31, 2011.
Currently, there have been important changes in legislation on corruption in Russia, Britain, Switzerland, USA and some other countries. Adopted standards call for serious study and thorough analysis. This is very important, both in terms of anti-corruption experience, and also because the new standards have been extended to legal entities and individuals who are not residents of these countries.
The innovations in the legislation of the countries traditionally viewed as major financial centers may affect not only the dynamics and the flow of the Russian capital, but also the redistribution of financial flows in the global banking system. This may create an opportunity to encourage the domestic and foreign capital to expand its investment activities in Russia. On the other hand, to actively participate in the process, the Russian business should examine in detail the innovations in anti-corruption legislation and effective compliance strategy which have already become a standing practice for Western companies.
The International Seminar attendees from Russia included the Rector of the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration Vladimir Mau, officials from the Russian Presidential Administration and the Prosecutor General's Office, the Federal Service for Financial Monitoring, the Deputy Chair of the Constitutional Court of Russia, retired, Tamara Morschakova, the Chairman of the Management Board of the Institute of Contemporary Development, Vice-President of the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs Igor Yurgens.
The panel also featured Patrick Leahy (United States Senator from Vermont, Chairman of the Senate Committee on the Judiciary) Mr. Cameron Hosie, senior associate in Clifford Chance’s Corporate Department, Mr. Bryan Earl, legal attache, Federal Bureau of Investigation, the U.S. Embassy, Moscow, Russia, Mr. Thomas Firestone, resident legal advisor, the U.S. Embassy, Moscow, Russia, Mr. Michael Mraz, partner with the law firm «Wenger & Vieli», Switzerland, Mr. William M. Reichert, partner with the law firm K & L Gates, Ms. Victoria Makarova, manager in the Forensic & Dispute Services group of Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP and other experts.
RBC TV News
- Roundtable "Ecomonic and legal aspects of subsoil use"
- Presentation of monograph "Rule of Law as the Economic Factor", February 12, 2013
- Roundtable "Criminal policy's Impact on the Economics", April 4. 2012
- Roundtable, January 31, 2012
- Symposium "Criminal Policy and Business", December 8, 2011
- International seminar, November 2011, McGill University
- Parliament hearings on October 17, 2011
- Scientific seminar of Mr. E.G. Yassin, June 29, 2011
- Meeting of the expert group, June 14, 2011
- Press conference in "RIA Novosti", June 02, 2011
- International Seminar, May 31, 2011
- Roundtable, May 25, 2011
- Roundtable, April 18, 2011
- Roundtable in State Duma, February 9, 2011
- Parliament hearings on September 16, 2010
- Book presentation in LSE, 19-20 March, 2010