Press release of the Roundtable on the Modernization of Criminal Policy
Roundtable with government and business officials
(Moscow, Alexander House, May 25, 2011)
The Roundtable with government officials and business executives took place on May 25, 2011 in the Alexander House business center. Representatives of the Presidential Administration, State Duma deputies, politicians, businessmen representing large, medium and small businesses, representatives of the expert community attended the event.
The discussion focused on the new state criminal policy in the economic sphere. The agenda included the following problems:
* Modern criminal policy in the economic sphere as an unfavorable investment climate factor.
* New model of the criminal policy as part of a social contract; achieving a consensus between business and government on criminal policy as a necessary condition for improving the investment climate.
* Amnesty of entrepreneurs as a first step in changing the criminal policy in the economic sphere and the opportunity to start a new criminal and economic policy that corresponds to the market economy "from scratch".
The Roundtable participants claimed that is impossible to improve the investment climate and effectively develop the economy without working out the new model of the criminal policy.
The participants supported the initiative of the Council for Civil Society and Human Rights under the President of the Russian Federation, INSOR, the Center for Legal and Economic Studies, the NGO Business Solidarity and Leonid Nikitinsky’s Center for Legal Programs to carry out the first in 20 years of market reforms in Russia amnesty of entrepreneurs arraigned on criminal charges.
The panel agreed on the need of a consensus between the business and government officials on matters of criminal policy in the economic sphere. Achieving such a consensus could form the basis for developing a new model of the criminal policy in the economic sphere as part of a new social contract.
- Roundtable "Ecomonic and legal aspects of subsoil use"
- Presentation of monograph "Rule of Law as the Economic Factor", February 12, 2013
- Roundtable "Criminal policy's Impact on the Economics", April 4. 2012
- Roundtable, January 31, 2012
- Symposium "Criminal Policy and Business", December 8, 2011
- International seminar, November 2011, McGill University
- Parliament hearings on October 17, 2011
- Scientific seminar of Mr. E.G. Yassin, June 29, 2011
- Meeting of the expert group, June 14, 2011
- Press conference in "RIA Novosti", June 02, 2011
- International Seminar, May 31, 2011
- Roundtable, May 25, 2011
- Roundtable, April 18, 2011
- Roundtable in State Duma, February 9, 2011
- Parliament hearings on September 16, 2010
- Book presentation in LSE, 19-20 March, 2010