Roundtable, April 18, 2011
On April 18, 2011, in the framework of the Week of the Russian Business,
the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RSPP)
jointly with the Institute of Contemporary Development ( INSOR),
the Center for Legal and Economic Studies and the Council
for the Development of Civil Society
and Human Rights under the President of the Russian Federation
held the round table discussion:
Modernization of the criminal law in the economic sphere:
prospects for reducing coercive pressure on business”
The event took place on April 18, 2011
at the Institute of Contemporary Development,
7 Delegatskaya Street, Bldg 1
The round table focused on the possibilities of a real reduction in the criminal repression of business as a result of legislative changes. Are the draft amendments to the Criminal Code of Russia currently being reviewed by the State Duma sufficient for the liberation of the Russian business from the risks of undue pressure caused by the initiation of ungrounded criminal proceedings? Do these amendments contribute to the normalization of business processes?
Do reforms of the criminal law set the right vector? Is there any prospect of amnesty for those convicted under articles of the Criminal Code related to economic crimes? - These and others are the challenging questions the panelists will face during the coming round table discussion.
Representatives of Russian business and legal community and the Russian authorities (including heads of law enforcement bodies) are invited to participate in the discussion.
Article in "Novaya gazeta" (#44, April 25, 2011) after the roundtable
- Roundtable "Ecomonic and legal aspects of subsoil use"
- Presentation of monograph "Rule of Law as the Economic Factor", February 12, 2013
- Roundtable "Criminal policy's Impact on the Economics", April 4. 2012
- Roundtable, January 31, 2012
- Symposium "Criminal Policy and Business", December 8, 2011
- International seminar, November 2011, McGill University
- Parliament hearings on October 17, 2011
- Scientific seminar of Mr. E.G. Yassin, June 29, 2011
- Meeting of the expert group, June 14, 2011
- Press conference in "RIA Novosti", June 02, 2011
- International Seminar, May 31, 2011
- Roundtable, May 25, 2011
- Roundtable, April 18, 2011
- Roundtable in State Duma, February 9, 2011
- Parliament hearings on September 16, 2010
- Book presentation in LSE, 19-20 March, 2010