Parliament hearing "On the main direction of improvement of the criminal legislation of Russian Federation"
Group of Center's experts at the Parliament hearings
Parliament hearings "On the main direction of improvement of the criminal legislation of Russian Federation" where Center’s experts took part was held of October 17, 2011.
The hearings timed with the Duma discussion of draft law aimed to humanize the criminal legislation. The discussion was postponed for November, but that fact did not roused parliament members, lawyers and economists to discuss the main problem “points” of the forthcoming legislative changes.
Center’s expert Mr. Vladimir Radchenko spoke about the need to improve the criminal legislation that regulates the economic sphere. “Stable economic development is not possible without development of small business today. Share of small business in GDP of economically developed countries is from 50% to 80%. And the number of individual and small entrepreneurs grows constantly. That index in Russia is stable on about 20% for the last years, with the tendency to decrease for the last time. Russian particularity is that the most powerful companies and banks are strongly affiliated with the higher branches of power. Possibly, that is the reason why security agencies comparatively rare interact to their activity. But small and medium business became the object of corruption pressure of officials and strongmen. And this business is the main player in cases of economic focus”, - Mr. V. Radchenko explained.
Document where the Center's experts analyze the draft law passed to the State Duma. Analytical note on draft federal law “On amending the Criminal code of Russian Federation and separate legislative acts of the Russian Federation”
- Roundtable "Ecomonic and legal aspects of subsoil use"
- Presentation of monograph "Rule of Law as the Economic Factor", February 12, 2013
- Roundtable "Criminal policy's Impact on the Economics", April 4. 2012
- Roundtable, January 31, 2012
- Symposium "Criminal Policy and Business", December 8, 2011
- International seminar, November 2011, McGill University
- Parliament hearings on October 17, 2011
- Scientific seminar of Mr. E.G. Yassin, June 29, 2011
- Meeting of the expert group, June 14, 2011
- Press conference in "RIA Novosti", June 02, 2011
- International Seminar, May 31, 2011
- Roundtable, May 25, 2011
- Roundtable, April 18, 2011
- Roundtable in State Duma, February 9, 2011
- Parliament hearings on September 16, 2010
- Book presentation in LSE, 19-20 March, 2010