Judicial reform and civil control
Let's check our spelling. How to get rid of the accusatory in the courts.
Civil control: public and parliament commissions, independent prosecutors
Civil control of security agencies’ and first persons of the state activity, of abidance of the national laws and their correspondence to the accepted international treaties and conventions exists in any democratic society. Such control is made via independent and parliament commissions, institute of the independent prosecutors and human rights ombudsman, and also via the non-governmental organizations.
Center’s experts initiate inspection of high-profile criminal cases and take active part in that work. And now that work of civil control institutes and independent commissions is almost the single possibility to push the needed process of criminal legislation in economic sphere humanization from the “dead point”.
If such institutes will take part and activate their activity Russia, possibly, will have a chance to receive free mass media, independent court, and serious political opposition that obviously will promote the establishing of healthy democratic state. And international experience of the civil control, for example, results of Fitzgerald commission work, is subject of serious study and implementation to the Russian practice.
Roderick A. MacDonald, F.R. Scott Professor of Constitutional and Public Law. Analysis of forms and functions of independend investigation commissions (Royal Commissions) in Canada. Brief review and bibliography. McGill University, 20.07.2011
- Roundtable "Ecomonic and legal aspects of subsoil use"
- Presentation of monograph "Rule of Law as the Economic Factor", February 12, 2013
- Roundtable "Criminal policy's Impact on the Economics", April 4. 2012
- Roundtable, January 31, 2012
- Symposium "Criminal Policy and Business", December 8, 2011
- International seminar, November 2011, McGill University
- Parliament hearings on October 17, 2011
- Scientific seminar of Mr. E.G. Yassin, June 29, 2011
- Meeting of the expert group, June 14, 2011
- Press conference in "RIA Novosti", June 02, 2011
- International Seminar, May 31, 2011
- Roundtable, May 25, 2011
- Roundtable, April 18, 2011
- Roundtable in State Duma, February 9, 2011
- Parliament hearings on September 16, 2010
- Book presentation in LSE, 19-20 March, 2010